BJP President Shri Amit Shah addresses rally in Fatehpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Amit Shah lashed out at the so-called Gathbandhan of Samajwadi Party (SP) and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) for indulging in divisive politics by putting on caste against another for achieving petty political gains.
- "The previous governments of SP and BSP would divide people on caste lines and would not focus on development. The Yogi Adityanath government and the Narendra Modi government at the Centre have shifted the focus entirely to development, without discriminating on caste lines," Shah said.
- Hitting out at the opposition Shah said they cannot keep the country safe but only Modi ji whose immediate response against terrorists earned new respect for India and its people. “The biggest achievement of the Modi govt is that of securing the nation against terrorism. During Sonia-Manmohan rule terrorists used to enter Indian at will and even cut heads of our soldiers like that in case of Hemraj, without any response from the then silent PM Manmohan Singh. After Pulwama strikes Indian Airforce went deep inside Pakistan to Balakot and killed terrorists and destroyed their bases. Modi Ji has a strong will take strong decisions for the security of the country.”
- Expressing confidence of Narendra Modi will return as the Prime Minister, Amit Shah said that wherever he goes he finds that people seem to have made up their minds to vote for BJP. “I have come here after travelling all over the country for the last four and half months - from east to west and north to south - and could only hear chants of Modi Modi. This is not mere a chant but the blessings of 125 crore people of the country. People have already decided that the next PM will be Modi Ji.”
- Enumerating the achievements of the Modi govt. Shah said that the BJP under the leadership of Modiji has been working hard for all sections of the society especially the poor and the distressed. "Modi Ji is the man for whom the country had been waiting for the last 70 years for development to take place in the real sense. In last 20 years Modi Ji has never taken even a day's holiday. But Rahul Baba goes on a holiday every now and then and even his mom doesn't know where he has gone. Modi Ji is sensitive towards the needs of the poor, and works tirelessly for 18 hours out of 24 hours a day for the country's development.”
- In the last five years the BJP did works like providing 7 crore free cylinders to our poor mothers and sisters, electricity in all villages, houses for 2.5 crore poor, toilets in 8 crore household, etc. I want to ask the Congress what it has done for the poor in spite of being in power for 55 long years, he added.
- Praising the Modi government for its universal health scheme he said that the Ayushman Bharat scheme has raised the level of health services for 50 crore of the Indian population and given them access to free health facilities including hospitalization. “As of today 24.25 lakh operations have already been done under the scheme free of cost.”
- Taking on the Congress for promising to remove the anti-sedition law if it came to power, Shah wondered who the Congress and others were trying to protect. "Who do you want to protect? When anti-India slogans like 'Bharat tere tukde honge hazaar' were shouted, you stood with them in the name of freedom of speech. Such people's place is in jail as long as BJP is there.”