Independence Day is celebrated with great fervor across India. If you are wondering how to celebrate Independence Day this year amidst a pandemic, Del Monte brings you quick recipes with colours of Independence to celebrate this momentous day at home with your loved ones.
• 200 Gram Del Monte Spaghetti
• 2 ½ TBSP Olive Oil
• 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
• ½ Onion (Finely Chopped)
• ½ Cup White Wine Or White Wine Vinegar
• 2 Cups Tomato Puree
• 2 TBSP Fresh Parsley (Finely Chopped)
• Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook Del Monte Spaghetti as per the packet instructions. Reserve 1 Cup of pasta water, then drain.
• Now, heat some oil and add garlic and onion to it. Wait until the onion is translucent.
• Pour some wine and bring to simmer, scraping the bottom of the skillet to mix the brown bits into the liquid. Make sure you simmer just for a minute or until the alcohol smell has evaporated.
• Add tomato puree, sugar, salt & pepper. Reduce heat to medium high and cook for 2 minutes.
• Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Add pasta, around 1⁄2 cup of reserved pasta cooking water into the sauce.
• Toss gently and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and coats the pasta.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley and treat your tastebuds!
Fruit Cocktail Fluff
• Cream Cheese - 100 g
• Heavy Whipping Cream - 1/4 cup
• Marshmallows - 1/4 cup
• Del Monte Fruit Cocktail - 1 cup
• Whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peak form.
• Add cream cheese and whisk until nicely combined.
• Add Marshmallows and Del Monte Fruit Cocktail and mix well.
• Refrigerate for a few hours.
• Serve chilled.
Penne Pasta with Pesto Sauce
• 200 Gram Del Monte Penne Pasta Boiled
• 2 TBSP Del Monte Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 6 Clove Garlic
• 20 Cherry Tomatoes
• 2 TBSP Low Fat Cream
• ¾ Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
• 3 TBSP Groundnuts Or Cashew Nuts Toasted
• ¼ Cup Processed Cheese Crumbled
• 3 TBSP Del Monte Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Black Peppercorns Crushed To Taste
• Pesto Sauce
• Salt To Taste
• For the pesto sauce take basil leaves, groundnuts or cashew nuts, 4 garlic cloves, most of the processed cheese and 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a grinder jar and grind. Add another 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and grind to a semi coarse paste.
• To make the pasta dish, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan. Slice the garlic cloves.
• Add garlic to the hot oil and sauté till golden. Add cherry tomatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes, pressing the tomatoes a little with the back of the ladle. Add the pasta and toss for 2 minutes. Add ¼ cup water and mix.
• Add the pesto sauce and mix well. Add cream, salt and crushed peppercorns and toss. Cook for a minute.
• Serve hot garnished with the remaining processed cheese.
Enjoy your meal!