BJP National President Shri Amit Shah addresses public meeting in Hissar, Haryana
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Amit Shan lambasted the Congress party for encouraging a culture of corruption, nepotism and cronyism in Haryana by the previous chief ministers who snatched land from farmers to give it away to the family members of the Congress president.
- Praising the state's BJP govt under CM ML Khattar, Shah said it has done commendable work in the state. "Only the BJP government led by Manohar Lal Khattar under Modiji has given good governance to people of Haryana. Earlier there was so much corruption and lawlessness under Hooda and Chautala rule. Chautala brought lawlessness and Hooda brought corruption whenever they came to power. Hooda gave away the poor farmers' land in Haryana to the Damaad of Delhi . Under BJP great work has been done on controlling female infanticide and improving their sex ratio and I congratulate the womenfolk and people of Haryana. A lot of other development work is also in the pipeline, an airport in Hissar will soon be a reality.”
- Expressing confidence of Modi Ji coming back to power Shri Amit Shah said that wherever he goes he finds that people seem to have made up their minds to vote for BJP. “I have come here after travelling all over the country for the last four and half months - from east to west and north to south - and could only hear chants of Modi Modi. This is not mere a chant but the blessings of 125 crore people of the country. People have already decided that the next PM will be Modi Ji, there is a wave of support in favour of Modi Ji”
- Hitting out at the opposition Shah said they cannot keep the country safe but only Modi ji whose immediate response against terrorists earned new respect for India and its people. “The biggest achievement of the Modi govt is that of securing the nation against terrorism. Vote for Modi Ji just for this. During Sonia-Manmohan rule terrorists used to enter Indian at will and even cut heads of our soldiers without any response from the then silent PM Manmohan Singh. After Pulwama strikes Indian Airforce went deep inside Pakistan to Balakot and killed terrorists and destroyed their bases. Modi Ji has a 56 inch chest to take strong decisions for the security of the country.”
- After the air strike carried by the IAF, there were celebrations everywhere in India, while only at two places there was grief -- one in Pakistan and another in Rahul Baba and company's offices. Were they their cousin bothers? Rahul baba can do ILU ILU with terrorists but BJP will never compromise on the country's security. BJP's policy is clear that whoever crosses India's boundaries and attacks us with bullets will be responded with cannons, he added.
- Hitting out at Omar Abdullah for his views that there should be a separate PM for J&K, Shah demanded the opposition's stand on the issue. "We want Rahul Baba and the opposition to clarify if they agree with Omar Abdullah comments that there should be a PM for Jammu and Kashmir. I know they won't say anything on Omar's statement as they are concerned about their vote bank. They follow politics of appeasement and people will punish them in elections. As long as there are BJP workers Kashmir will remain an integral part of the country. We will remove Article 370 from Kashmir after forming the next govt. at the Centre.”
- Taking on the Congress for promising to remove the anti-sedition law if it came to power, Shah wondered who the Congress was trying to protect. "Who do you want to protect? When anti-India slogans like 'Bharat tere tukde honge hazaar' were shouted in JNU, Rahul Baba and opposition together stood with them in the name of freedom of speech. Such people's place will be in jail as long as BJP is there. How will you put a spy in jail if the anti-sedition act is removed?”
- Taking on the opposition parties on the NRC he said that BJP would ensure that every illegal immigrant is thrown out of the country on the Assam model. “The BJP government will identify all illegal immigrants from Kashmir to Kanyakumari and expel them. They are eating our country from inside like termites and a threat to the country's security. Rahul Baba and others are worried for infiltrators and want to keep them but for us security of the country is more important than votes.”
- Shah exhorted the gathering to help the BJP win the 2019 Lok Sabha elections and bring Modi Ji back to power. “Modi ji likes Haryana and Haryanvi a lot. After a long time we have got such a dedicated person as PM, who works long hours each day for the development of the nation. Please elect BJP from most LS seats and bring back Modi govt. once again. Only Modi Ji can keep the nation safe,” he said.